860.563.2891 or 800.300.9128
21 New Britain Ave.  Suite 201 Rocky Hill, CT 06067

Consumer Debt, Foreclosures and Bankruptcy

  Send Us a Question

If you have fallen on hard times and have been unable to meet your payments on money that you’ve borrowed, you may be receiving calls from creditors, notices warning you of a lawsuit, or you may have been served with papers by a marshal.  In any of these cases, we can advise you, and if you have a court case, we can represent you.

Consumer Debt: 
If you owe a debt on a car loan or a large debt on a credit card bill, we can advise you on settling that debt.

If you have been served with a foreclosure action, or even if you have not yet been served, but anticipate that it might happen, please call us.  We can explain the process to you, and advise you on your next steps.

Sometimes, despite your best efforts, your financial obligations will exceed your ability to pay them.  In that case, you may qualify to file for protection under the Federal Bankruptcy laws.  You can call our office to discuss your personal situation, and find out if this is the right path for you.

Times are tough, and many Laborers have found it difficult, or impossible, to stay current on their mortgage obligations.   If you have been served with notice of a foreclosure, you should have legal representation, and you should call us immediately!

However, if you’ve fallen a bit behind, but still believe that, with your lender’s help, you can get back on your feet, then you may need to work directly with your lender on a mortgage modification.  A mortgage modification is a change in the terms of your loan,  granting you a lower interest rate, or the ability to pay back your missed payments at a later date, or any other change that you and your lender can agree on.   You know your personal financial situation, and you can best decide what changes will help you stay in your home.    The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) site provides useful information about mortgage modifications (link below) http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/avoiding_foreclosure

A modification of your loan is a legally binding document.  Once you’ve negotiated a modification, you should contact our office to review the modification before you sign.

Be aware that there are many scams out there from “companies” that look to make money from other’s struggles.     The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) web site provides information on avoiding those scams, and protecting your interests: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre42.shtm

Copyright 2013